View Single Post
Old 08-23-19, 05:09 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I bit it and at least signed up for my trial of Zwift. Darn Wahoo app decided to start freezing, but Zwift found all my stuff eventually. Had a little 3 mile false start where I set something up wrong and the resistance wasn't acting right.

Then once I got it did the "epic kom" route for a 40min ride. ~26min? Just chose to do it SS with some under and some over to get the feel for it.

People must be "connoisseurs" of smart trainers and apps to ever complain about how realistic it is. I can see the terrain change, it gives you a % grade, and you feel it the way you pretty much should. The complaints were partly why I didn't do this sooner. Any worries were totally unwarranted.

It's addicting and will be a great way to nail the winter months. Usually in winter months I'll miss a ride per week since I don't have the work gym nearby and HATED my fluid. But this? Yeah, I'll suffer some workouts with this!

245w NP and 225 AP for the ride. Now, need to pay my way and ride enough to unlock goodies.
Make sure to sign up for the elevation challenge so you can get the TRON bike. It takes like 6 months but its the best looking bike and fastest in the game.