Old 04-01-21, 09:27 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I've sold cars and bikes and had weird experiences, too. Years ago I bought and old truck which had a camper shell on it. I didn't want the shell and I decided to list it in the "free" ads and give it to somebody who wanted it. OMG the grilling I got from people about it. "What's wrong with it? Why are you giving it away? Do you have a key for it? Does the lock work? Are you sure the lock works?". Unreal. Most of them refused to even come look at it. I talked to more people about it than anything I ever sold. Finally after a few days someone came and got it.
Last time I sold a bike on Craigslist I had to unlock my pistol and watch through the window for a few days. I was selling my Felt about 12 years ago and someone called asking for all the details of the bike. I gave them my address and they said they'd be over the next day.

20 minutes later, I get a call from another person telling me they're going to give me $100 dollars for it, they're coming over now, and I'm going to have to accept it, in a very threatening manner. I told them if they showed up I'd call the police, they hung up and never showed. I got the impression they probably did that all day to people, and resold whatever they could get.