Old 06-04-20, 06:35 PM
ark40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Bacchetta Carbon Aero 2.0 or EZ Speedster for a first recumbent

I have ridden a diamond frame road bike and a mountain bike off an on for 15 yrs. Will usually do a 40 mile for my long ride on the weekend and try and do a couple 20-30 milers during the week. Once a year I will participate in my local annual bike ride and do a 55 miler. But that's about it for now, may do the 72 mile version in a couple years, or even a century if I I keep riding regularly. I am getting tired of the shoulder, arm, neck and butt pain when sitting on a diamond frame bike. Even after all these years I have never gotten used to them. Now that I am getting old I just want to ride comfortably, speed is not an issue. Plus I don't ride in big groups in pace lines any more. I have been thinking about selling my Mountain bike and getting into a recumbent. Obviously not having ridden one I went through the forums and read up on the various models. Followed up by local searches to see what's available in the local used market.
I have the EZ speedster ($450) and the Bacchetta ($1200) both available online. Which one do you think makes a better choice for a new rider. I feel like the Bacchetta is more of a commitment, but if I like it I will never have to upgrade. The EZ I feel is a good economical test bike but if I start to like it I will get the urge to upgrade to a better bike soon. I was hoping to keep the bike within the $1000 range but I am realizing good recumbents are very expensive.

And do the prices look reasonable?

Last edited by ark40; 06-04-20 at 06:49 PM.