Bjforrestal

Bikes: Trek 520, Peugeot PX-10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shahmatt
Originally Posted by Artkansas
Perhaps, but there are many tones of voice in which to make his points. A kind and helping voice will ensure a better reception of his message.
No doubt he could have done much better in imparting his view. I am not trying to defend his critical manner. However I do think that many in this thread have naturally reacted indignantly to his manner and perhaps unnecessarily overpraised the OP's efforts whilst ignoring Thrasymachus's opinion, which possibly deserves some merit.

I am a budget cyclist myself. Sometimes I spend less and learn bitter lessons. I look out for the best value items out there that can do the job I need, for as long as I need. So I guess I'm trying to rebelance this thread. What if Thrasymachus never posted? Perhaps this thread might look different.
It's a 6 mile round trip commute. Seriously, I know guys that do this on a skateboard. I think if it was a 10 or 12 mile commute we would be at a minimum highly encouraging upgrades as money becomes available. In fact we still are. Slicks, or no slicks. Lights.mount the tire the other way. Are there better bikes out there? Yes. There are better bikes than mine as well. Components can be upgraded if they break for very cheap used, or even new in some cases. The frame is heavy but who cares? I have only broken one frame in my life, an I jumped it daily. The frame will hold up under the commute. Op is probably more comfortable and confident on the bike than many many commuters are, since they don't personalize the seat and wear a backpack because they just blew 400 on the new bike and now have no $ for a rack or panniers or even a new saddle that they are comfortable in. I've seen it because that was me when I first started commuting. No more $ left over, blew my wad on the bike not realizing the importance of the other things. So kudos to the op on the great paint job , baskets and let us know if the bike is acting funny and well see what we can do to get you back on the road, just like bf does for me.