Old 06-06-05, 10:55 AM
ohiorider

Bikes: C'dale - R600 / Santana tandem / Giant MB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smoore
After having substantial muscle pains with Lipitor and Zocor I took a two month break. I've just finished two weeks of Crestor with the same results. The dosage was only 5mg compared with 20mg for the first two drugs. I was OK for the first few days but then the pain started to build slowly. It never got quite as bad as the Lipitor and Zocor but it was like having the flu most of the time and also included headaches...which I didn't have with the first two drugs.

My overall is 264, HDL is 36 and LDL is 185. Overall those ratios are BAD and it's genetic. I'm 56, 5'5", 130 lbs and workout regularly.

I'm bummed. I'm looking at Oat Bran and Niacin but that's a difficult lifestlyle to live, I think.

I don't think there are too many more drug options left...guess I need to start looking at alternative options. But with that it seems most of what you get a lot of anectodotal stuff with some
well meaning loonies throw in.

Guess I'll go ride. If I'm going to die of a heart attack out on the road is as good a place as any.
Man I really feel your pain here! If you have the time or inclination to read this article, it will shed some light on what the REAL culpritS are for causing heart disease. See, I just do not buy into all the hubbub about cholesterol being the cause of HD. Take a look, I think you'll feel a bit better...

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/hd.html

BTW, I'm NOT a "loonie" either!