Old 03-10-16, 08:53 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
I've been sick, it's been since Thursday. Went 92 miles on a road bike. 38F temps to 24F. No photos. Great ride on some new roads.
After dark in the middle of nowhere a cop pulled up next to me, lowered the window, and said "that's dedication". I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just said " I have all the right clothing", meaning, I'm comfortable and not cold, don't be impressed. It was nice to see a cop out in the very rural areas. That's the third time a cop has talked to me at night in a very rural area, on a long ride. Nice to know they patrol that area, in case I fall or something. I've already fixed a couple of flats in 20F in the dark, you just need to put your gloves on every couple of minutes. When working with the gloves off, put them under you jacket close to your body to keep then warmer. Warm your co2 inflator the same way and use it as fast as possible. If it gets too cold the nozzle freezes over and gets plugged.

Today it was in the 60s.
Wow, I've never biked below the high 20sF. What kind of gloves and face-covering do you use?