Old 01-02-17, 09:01 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Giant Doofus
I prefer simplicity, so for me, there is real appeal in having just one bike. The way I ride would make that easy too: I'm a year-round commuter and like to make longish, rambling weekend rides. My Bianchi Volpe comes pretty close to being "the one" for me.

I do have a second bike, though, and it gets ridden pretty regularly (an IGH Omafiets with all the trimmings). I think I'll always have two bikes so that I have something to ride if one of them is unavailable for some reason. In spite of my stated preference for simplicity, I might even end up with three. I'm considering adding a folder to the fleet.
Those are nice bikes. I had a chance to buy one way back in the 1990s and if I had, I might still be riding a Volpe. But I went with a flat bar hybrid instead (which I still own).

My version of the Volpe is the Salsa Casseroll. It is not the fastest or lightest but then again, neither am I. I can put anything from 28 mm road tires for club rides up to 42 mm or wider semi knobby tires for trails.