View Single Post
Old 10-21-17, 02:19 PM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I went to work this afternoon in New York City taking my Xootr scooter. I take two buses to get there so there's very little walking right?

I found out years ago that when it comes to taking transit in the city, it's better to be on any bus that's heading in the direction your headed even if it leaves you 15 blocks from where you want to go. I found that waiting for the bus is one of the reasons people avoid transit. That's why I'll catch any bus at the depot since many are headed in the direction of where I want. I can do this when I'm using a kick scooter because even if alternate bus leave me 15 blocks from home, it will be a 10 minute kick scoot at best.

For example, I was at the terminal in the city waiting for the bus that would take me to the light rail. However, I noticed another bus that would leave me blocks from where I needed to go and ran for it! I simply kicked scootered to my second bus or I could have taken the light-rail. The kick scooter gives me options not really afforded to walkers.

I don't know how many steps a kick scooter takes but it gives your thighs a huge workout! The next day, your legs will feel 10 years younger. Seriously. Unfortunately, it wears off 2 days later. ;-(

https://www.xootr.com/

Last edited by Dahon.Steve; 12-17-17 at 06:14 PM.