I'll ride for free

Bikes: Cannondale MTB, K2 Road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
9 degrees today, add wind chill to that and it's a bit nippy out

However, I was nice and warm, thanks to my gear:
Just purchased a new jacket/shell from REI - Switchback. It is waterproof, wind proof and breathable. On sale, $120 off the original price!! WooHoo. I paid under $70 bucks, couldn't pass it up, but it's just the shell. That was my upper most layer. Had my Sporthill 3SP softshell under that, Mountain Hardwear shirt long sleeve shirt under that, then longsleeve tech shirt under that. May sound like a lot of layers but my upper body tends to get cold.

Lower body: Sporthill XC pants (sporthill is awesome stuff), long underwear, cycling short (like the padding). 1 pair wool socks and hiking boots.

Pogies/CliMitts kept my hands toasty, light Novara winter cycling gloves.
Mt. Hardwear balaclava - Had to cut air holes in it at the mouth, I just can't get enough air in otherwise and really don't want to pass out somewhere... Anyone else have that problem??

Last but not least - HELMET

With respect to the post up above about expensive space age clothing, This is the whole extent of my stuff. While I have some great brands, I got a lot of it off Ebay and never pay full price. There is no Target stores, just Walmart in this state and my little Walmart doesn't carry much appropriate gear, especially for women. I've never seen any polypro anything there.
Michelle

Last edited by MudSplattered; 01-22-06 at 10:12 PM.