View Single Post
Old 03-29-19, 08:06 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Lava
I get the feeling they specced them more for durability rather than for lightness. WTB rims with Formula hubs isn't the worst combo in the world, right?

That is pretty heavy, though, and definitely makes me want to pursue an inexpensive set for road use, and keep the stock set for gravel and off-road entirely.
Originally Posted by HarborBandS

Wow, that is heavy. I assume this includes the skewers/thru axles?

Good to know that I could drop an easy pound or two off this thing. The FSA crankset is also a beast. I haven’t seen confirmation that the frame can handle 50/34, but that’s what I would prefer for my riding (I live in miso flat Illinois after all).
NO this doesn't include the TA skewers, only the rim tape and nothing else.

Harbor - have you taken off the crank yet? If you haven't be careful. I completely destroyed mine trying to take it off last night. According to the shop it comes assembled from the factory so this is on Cannondale. Basically the NDS arm is so stuck to the spindle that the self-extracting bolt ripped the circular retainer right out of the crank arm. Now the bolt has nothing to push against to remove the arm. I'm about ready to take the sawzall to it because I can't think of any other way to get it off. I'm pretty peeved right now to say the least.