TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I felt like a single sided PM was too much to spend to still not know my power. I don't stray too far from 50/50, but it varies from moment to moment. If I'm doing 45/55, a left only meter will be off by 10% at that moment.
I think that depends on how seriously you're measuring power. I have two "double sided" meters (PT hub and quarq crank) and two 4iiii single sided and budget wise, it was better *for me* to get two power meters for two bikes than only get one for one of the two. If that makes sense. 2 sided is better but if you're just a casual rider / trainer it's not a deal breaker IMO.

Originally Posted by deacon mark
Wow this is a helpful thread so now do any of you use the crank based 4iiii. My thinking is I am a shimano person and have 6800 groupset which is prefect in shifting but I am a bike mechanic so I know what to do. I was juct thinking the whole 6800 crankset for a double sided output is $999 that is more than double. Power meter City has the 6800 left crank for $300. Some one give me a thought on what they use or if I am going up the tree correct?
I got a 4iiii 6800 for one of my outside bikes and a 4iiii 5800 for my inside bike for less than most double sided meters. That worked out well for me.

Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I'm not a racer by any stretch, but have power meters on both of my bikes. Primarily to use as "fuel gauges," because I'm an idiot. I absolutely cannot ride by RPE, and the same goes for food/water intake based on time or miles. Watching the rate of work done tells me when to put fuel back in. You'd think after a few years I'd get a handle on it, but you would be mistaken. If anything, I've gotten worse.
You should get one o' them fancy new garmins... the x30 series has reminders to eat and drink based on your power output.