View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 07:09 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
I don’t, because there is no need for me too. If it’s raining, I’ll jump on my floating smart rollers and ZWIFT or do some structured training on them. I can get a lot more doing it that way in a controlled environment vs. trying to do it outside dealing with traffic and stop signs. Riding floating smart rollers never leaves me wanting in terms of not being able to ride outside because I am riding my bike. There is no artificiality of being locked in to a stationary trainer. I can drift left or right and the bike can float forwards and backwards underneath me when I get out of the saddle or the onset of a lot of power in the saddle. If it’s not raining but there is a possibility, and there is a group ride I want to be on, I’ll use my old bike. I have a lot of friends who think outside miles are better than inside miles and they ride their bikes in the rain and they get nothing out of the ride other than being outside. You do need to keep on top of maintenance regularly riding in the rain.