View Single Post
Old 06-22-19, 08:23 AM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Liked 1,187 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by GravelGurty
Thread bump, first post. Thanks to all who have posted about the new X comp. Today is my third week of ownership. I've logged 130 miles on this fine machine so far (lots of rain here too).

I think badger is pretty spot on with the assessment of the bike. I ride mostly chipped country roads and canal paths, and the future shock (medium spring) is wonderful at soaking up imperfections without adding a bunch of weight. NX drivetrain is solid and simple, brakes are pretty solid for budget level hydraulics(I've had to hammer them a few times). I'm setup tubeless and run about 40-45 psi on the stock tires, no issues so far.
I put a specialized carbon seatpost shortly after purchase. I also have a new Force gxp crankset in route, and excited to ditch the stock stuff. I'm going to try a 40t vs the stock 42t which I have no issue with gearing wise. I also changed out the pedals to specialized sbc-54, which are wide and pretty lightweight, really like them over stock. I suspect carbon bars will happen sometime soon also. Otherwise I'm done with upgrades for this year.

Great bike don't hesitate to purchase if you're on the fence.
Also cover up the headtube, because the brake housing definitely rubs heavily. I put 2 layers of some vinyl I had laying around first thing when I got home.
Good call. Yes, that is a problem. My bike came with a set of variously-sized pre-cut clear patches. Some went on the head tube after about three days, when I finally noticed the rubbing.