View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 07:39 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked 2,830 Times in 1,457 Posts
I am a bit confused, and may need to do some research but is that Nuovo Record rear derailleur (RD) pictured the original from the bike? If so then the bike can't be earlier than '67ish right? Is there a date on it? Are there date codes on any other parts? cranks? hub lock nuts?

This bike is much older than my knowledge of Bianchis. Unless some of the older members knows you yourself remember it highly unlikely that you will ever get an exact year and model name. As to the value, sadly the chrome is gone but the paint looks good and there doesn't seem to be much rust. Restoring this with original paint color and decals I thnk would be a labor of love and not likely to be of benefit when selling. I'd clean it up really nice and advertise it a classic late '60s Bianchi and ask $400 on ebay but be willing to take closer to $200. The fact that you have owned and cared for this all it life may be interesting and a nice letter to that fact may impress some potential buyers.

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
Ford had its Edsel...

I always thought the Edsel was just a model too, but thanks to Charles Phoenix I now know it was a separate brand albeit short lived under the Ford umbrella. Persoanlly if I could afford it I'd love a restored Ranger wagon by Edsel.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk