Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
)Scratches head) Why? Best ever cable routing was done 40 years ago and many times since. Full length housing through three braze-on guides on the top tube centerline. Looks elegant, works very well, requires no maintenance and replacing cables and housings is so simple.

"Internal" housing. Transcript error. From handwritten. A "t" replaced the "f".

Ben
I would go a step further and say that exposed external routing was the best. The issue with full housing is, even with highly polished stainless inners and housing with Teflon liners, enough cable drag to be bothersome.

Now with some current systems and frames I have on multiple occasions drilled out the cable stops and run full housing even when it is internal. This has been on cyclocross and gravel bikes when they can repeatedly get the cables contaminated. Made a video about trek boones

While overall there is more drag on a brand new installation the full housing eliminates all possibility of contamination as you mention and works without error almost forever.