aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Welshboy
Not really - three times in the last 30 years but one of those was because I'd incorrectly re-joined a Campag chain. I'm often out riding when my wife is at work so I can't call her to pick me up if the worst should happen. I'd just like to be self-sufficient and not relying on a multi-tool based chain tool. I carry an old 9-speed chain tool (stored in one of those bottle cage storage cases) on my commuter bike but would like something to tuck into a jersey pocket when out on my roadbike.
I get it. I'm able to call my wife or two of my sons who will come get me. I'm adverse to carrying a bunch of stuff on the bike anyway. I use Shimano chains and have never had one break, (knocks on wood). I just have a tube, tire lever, CO2 and inflator, and a pump that fit nicely in my back pocket.

I live near a State Park and ride the vast majority of my commute to and from work through that park. I've spotted Moose on at least 7-10 occasions...If I were to be prepared for "anything" I'd probably get some Bear Spray to carry with me. Pretty soon being prepared for ALL eventualities and I need a bike bag or bike bang or whatever the new cool thing to carry on your handlebars is. But my bike doesn't smoke weed so I don't need to carry half my house on every ride thankfully.

Park Tools will have what you need.