Old 06-10-14, 07:04 PM
MEversbergII

Bikes: Current: Origami Crane 8, Trek 1200 Former: 2012 Schwinn Trailway

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
So I closed on my house today!

While I'm still open to other (hub gear) options, it looks like the Vitesse is the current leader (know another 6+ speed hub gear folder? Suggest away!). I do have a question or two though:

1) Is Black/White this year's color? A few retailers I've seen (such as NYCewheels) have a dark or navy blue up. I actually like the blue more than the black/white, but the latter is the only option on Dahon's main site.

2) How difficult is it to replace front rim brakes on these kinds of bikes? All internal brakes require a reaction arm, right? This would require replacing the fork (and the subsequent paint job that would make it match)?

3) How well do these handle loads? This will become a "general purpose" bike, hopfully which is more stable at carrying larger loads than my Trek - specifically front basket and rear rack with groceries. What sort of rear baggage is feasible for these kinds of bike? I mentioned the Ultimate Carrier, which appears to have some kind of "under bag" accessory as well as allowing panniers to be used - any experiences to share?

Thanks!

M.