Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 828 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
You could download back issues of this magazine. All issues probably adds up to the equivalent to one book. They also list some books on that website, but I have never looked at the books.
https://www.bicycletraveler.bicyclingaroundtheworld.nl/

If it is rotator cuff, my doctor told me to stay off the bike for about five months after that surgery. I had to wear a sling 24/7, including while I slept. Sleeping meant sitting upright for about six weeks. The physical therapist explained to me that there is very little blood flow to the rotator cuff, thus it heals very very slowly. And that is why recovery was so slow. So, don't rush it, do what the professionals tell you to do. And good luck.
I had a total shoulder replacement nearly two years ago. I never improved despite working very hard at PT. I kept going back to my surgeon and he couldn't figure out why I wasn't improving. Each time I went in he took xrays and never saw anything wrong. He decided it was likely a scar tissue issue. We did another surgery to remove that. I showed mild improvement for a few weeks following that, then it got worse than it was before. He couldn't figure out why. He wanted to do a nerve decompression surgery. I balked and went and got a second opinion.

Within 5 minutes of seeing the new doc, we figured out the problem. The xray shows my prosthetic ball well outside the plastic socket. The narrow void where the small arrow is pointing is infection. The artificial joint was installed incorrectly and the scar tissue removal surgery let infection in.

They are going to open me up and tear out the prosthesis. They are going to install an antibiotic implant then sew me up for 6-12 weeks until they are confident the infection is gone. At that point they will open me up, tear out the antibiotic spacer, install a new joint and sew me back up.

I just went out and bought a fancy new recliner that will be my home for the winter. I hope to be riding again by spring.