Old 05-13-19, 10:22 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 2,438 Times in 1,425 Posts
I like to have goals driving my training and, for an endurance sport that is about speed of whole body movement, weight is a key metric. Even track sprinters have to optimize weight. I like to have constant reminders to keep me focused on optimum weight and reading books about cycling and performance seem to help. There are many but one is Faster by Hutchinson https://www.amazon.com/Faster-Obsession-Cyclists-Hutchinson-2015-03-12/dp/B017PNQ0N0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3IX7UB4GO7JDH&keywords=faster+hutchinson&qid=1557763786&s=gateway&sprefix=faster+hu% 2Caps%2C191&sr=8-2 One of things he does is ask himself a simple question - will this action make me faster or slower?

When it is time to eat or I am standing at the fridge - will this make me faster or slower? It is pretty brutal to run ones life in this manner but it is true for professional cyclists looking for that 1-2% edge. And his other thought is that if one is not making marginal gains prospectively, one is losing ground to the field.

So I moderate his thinking because life gets in the way but when I want that whatever to eat, I can ask myself the question, will this make me faster or slower and if I want to be faster, it is easier to close the door of the fridge and walk away empty handed.
Likes For Hermes: