Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 06-01-19, 06:34 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
I don't think I was quite ready for a longer ride, so I figured I'd join up with another casual ride, going only 6 miles or so.

Oops. We ended up going 20 miles.

That wasn't much distance for me in the past, as I was pedaling my way to work and back over some pretty steep hills for 26 miles round trip... every day. I was adding laps by the river to build up more mileage.

That was over a decade ago, and this was my third ride of more than 'barely leaving the driveway' distance in a decade or more. One was last weekend, a 4.5 mile ride at Tannehill State Park, just to get the wheels turning, and to see what I'd need to address on the bike.

Bike sorted, I joined the afore-posted Trample, which Strava recorded as just over 9 miles.

Today, when we rolled back into the Back 40 Brewing Company back lot, Strava read 19.8. So, naturally I pedaled up the road a little and back to clear a round number. I'm not OCD, but at this point, I'm calling milestones again, given the shape I'd gotten into, I'm a newb once more.

I do still retain some knowledge and experience on the bike, but my body has to catch up.

Feeling fine, though. My hammies are wondering what the heck happened, but they're just gonna have to get used to the idea.

Sarge did fine, but I'm looking forward to getting Jake back on the road.