Old 10-29-23, 09:37 AM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by 88ss
Yea, I always thought the ride your age thing was kind of idiotic and backwards because it makes the old guys ride the furthest and the young guys ride the least. Sorry I am not familiar with what a "Hi-Ten" is, when I get time I will look it up. Paramount values can vary a lot depending on what year the bike was made and what model it is, touring, track or road-racer.
This old Paramount is a great bike, but in reality there is zero practical reason to choose a Paramount over any other road bike with a butted steel frame unless you come across one dirt-cheap. I have ridden the Schwinn road bikes from the mid to late 80s that were sold with Columbus tube frames and they ride better and are lighter. If I had not got this cracked frame for $25, I would not have it and probably never own an old Paramount unless I ran across another one for next to nothing. If you want an old road-bike with a light steel butted frame, then just buy anyone you can find for little to no money, something that has not been latched onto by the wealthy and hipsters as an investment or jewelry.
Is $400 dirt cheap? I'm thinking "no."