View Single Post
Old 05-25-20, 02:50 AM
barnfind

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
I put a slightly crusty ladies model up on Thursday here with an "I don't really want to sell it" price of $400 on it and I got 9 emails in two hours, the first guy to show up bought it, he didn't look it over, he didn't ride it, nothing, he just handed me cash, wrapped it up in a blanket and shoved it in the back of his minivan.
I was hoping it wouldn't sell right away because I had the idea of switching the wheel sets with one of my other bikes, but for $400, I wasn't worrying about it.
I see rusty examples listed all the time for $250 to $350 that look like they spent the last 40 years as lawn ornaments not bicycles and they all seem to sell pretty fast.
If its got any factory extras on it, like a Dynohub, rear rack, or lights it rarely stays listed for more than a few hours lately.

About a week ago I really noticed bikes in general have really shot up in price and just about anything I've listed has gone pretty quick. Even bikes I've had listed for a year or more all of a sudden have found homes.