View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 02:05 AM
Machoman121

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Apparently neither of you understand that hole's purpose.

It's a feature, not a fault.
A feature?? not sure if you meant that as a cynical joke.

I'm sure the marketing blurb won't come out and say hey boss - we got proposed this cheaper way to provide this frame with internal routing - we won't complete the weld on the down bottom bracket junction - we'll leave a nice big hole so the cables can come out of it - most people don't know about it (because who looks under the bottom bracket anyway). we're making a bunch of it for the other brands and you can have it too.

It's a very sloppy, lazy and cheaper way to have your cables internally routed - quite amateurishly designed if you ask me ....like a 1st version/ prototype of how to internally route a cable. I'm not talking about the way it looks - from an engineering point of view missing so much weld is a weaker design than a fully welded version.

And can you imagine the amount of crap a hole like that collects in the bike...over time...

i remember admiring the Norco Search and as the salesman returned the bike to the higher rack i saw the 'hole'....it really floored me. I would have missed it if the bike was on the ground.

I hope they keep on coming out with bikes designed like that......it'll cure my N+1 itch. I won't be buying them.

Last edited by Machoman121; 05-24-20 at 02:20 AM.
Likes For Machoman121: