Old 04-03-21, 05:50 PM
Gods lonely man

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts
[QUOTE=Senrab62;21998512]
Originally Posted by Gods lonely man

Skid stopping and big gears on 20-50 mile fixed rides is silly and absurd. I am perfectly capable of skid stopping, it just makes no sense to me. The connection to the bike feeling isn't removed by having a brake caliper and lever installinstalled. Plus my tires don't turn to ****. And I can stop and have more functionality out of my bike as well.

​​​​​​I ride like 75 or more percent fixed. I just can't be convinced of this thought that brakeless is better. Same with big gears. When you ride as much as I have been big gears don't make me faster. They just make my knees hurt 😂.
I am with you on skidding and huge gears, but I was aiming at using back pressure to slow down, it's part of the fun of riding fixed... Of course, with a brake, your bike is more versatile, especially at bombing hills with an intersection at the bottom,
It's kind of funny looking at the struggle of descending without brakes, whip and hop skidding instead of pushing a brake lever with your finger and stopping in a dime
Likes For Gods lonely man: