Old 10-17-19, 07:11 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2151 Post(s)
Liked 3,380 Times in 1,198 Posts
1987 Eddy Merckx Century, 57 X 56cm, Tricolor/Deore

For sale is this truly lovely 1987 Eddy Merckx Century bicycle. Seat tube is 57cm CTC, top tube is 56cm CTC. Stand over height is 32.5 inches. Flat fork crown with ‘logo’ pantographs. The original owner dented the top tube in his garage and had it replaced by noted frame builder Ed Litton, hence the top tube cable guides instead of hidden cable routing. In 2014 it was resprayed in the original blue pearl color scheme by Al Wanta.

Components are what I refer to as “Hill climbing Tricolor”. Shimano 600/Ultegra 6400 Euro-spec non-aero levers, 6402 double pivot brakes, 6402 eight speed indexed down tube shifters, Deore compact 50/34 crankset, Deore RD, CT70 FD, and 12-34 cassette.

Wheels are hand-built Shimano 6402 hubs laced to Mavic Open Elite rims with Sapim double butted spokes. Tires are Continental GP 4000 SII in size 28. Saddle is a Merckx branded ProLogo mounted to a 6401 aero seat post. Bars are Nitto Noodles mounted to a Nitto stem. Cable housing is Jagwire with Shimano stainless drawn shift and brake cables.

No pedals (unless I happen to have a set of road pedals that work with your shoes). Pictured CatEye cyclometer not included.

As you can see from the photos, everything is in excellent condition. Bike rides beautifully and presents well.

Would REALLY prefer to sell this as a complete bike at $900 because everything works together so well but am also offering as a frame/fork/headset for $600. Note that price does not include shipping, but I will pack and ship it myself and use Ship Bikes as they are the least expensive right now. No worries on the shipping, I’ve never had one damaged.

Questions? Just ask.