Thread: e-bike touring
View Single Post
Old 03-18-24, 06:37 PM
mams99

Bikes: Pedego Stretch 2016 (electric cargo bike for around town and grocery shopping, Small surly Ogre (2015), Bianchi Advantage (46cm) 1993, Bike Friday NWT, 2005

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 24 Posts
I really look forward to what is still coming up for bike riding and touring with ebikes. I only feel comfortable riding my e-bike at normal biking speeds. I like to use the assist at the lowest needed to get the job done without having to get off the bike. Usually my legs are jelly after riding to the grocery store and back. (especially these days with having to be a full-time caregiver these days). I get just as tired when I ride my regular bike out on rail-trails, but if I ride traditional my bike in town, there might be times Have to get off the bike to make it up the hill and I don't know why that feels so defeating, but it sure does. I know with any regular riding you just get stronger and stronger and would use the assist less and less, but I'm sure there would always be times you would wish you had that extra boost! When I'm riding about town I ALWAYS grab my ebike it's just way more comfortable - even though it's a very heavy cargo bike!