Old 04-07-20, 01:38 PM
DadBiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need folding bike, looking at Dahon but unsure what to get

I live in a small house with no space, it's essentially an apartment. Was going to get a folding bike for light use to keep either folded up in my house or folded up in the trunk of my car. I don't need it folded to carry around with me so size/weight is not too big of an issue for me other than it needs to fold after every time I use it so it needs to be easy to fold.

I was looking at the Terns, specifically the Tern Node C8 since it has 24" wheels, however I am seeing negative things about tern.

I was looking up Dahon's (the Mariner D8 for example) and noticed that Dahon was having a summer sale on their website for a few models. I have no idea what is supposed to be better than what, so I could use some help. The models on sale for 20% off are;
(Sale price listed)
Speed D8 - $559
MU D9 - $599
Vigor D9 - $639
Vitesse i7 Obsidian - $639
Visc D18 Tour P - $719
Visc D18 Disc - $799

Should I be taking advantage of any of these bikes on sale. How do they compare to the mariner d8 which is $670 I believe? Thanks for any and all advice. I'm 6"1 so that's why I was originally looking into the 24" wheeled bikes but there don't seem to be many made with wheels that big.

Or, I could just go with the Tern Node C8 since that is more in line with what I was looking for? or should I stay away from terns

Last edited by DadBiker; 04-07-20 at 02:17 PM.