View Single Post
Old 10-28-19, 01:06 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Here's a post about e-bikes and what is wrong with them.

E-bikes are bicycles with an electric motor. Sometimes they break or run out of power, then they are just exceptionally heavy bicycles. If the motor is of sufficient power, they can reach speeds and carry loads that render their use on a MUP dangerous.
I have some friends that are really fast on their tandem. They ride all over, roads, mountains, trails etc.

One day they were about 15 miles into their ride, stopped at a park to use the facilities then remounted to continue.

As they entered the bike trail, they were rolling up to speed just as a woman on an ebike past them and shouted,"you should have gotten one of these!" while giggling pulling away. Her bubby rolled by as well but something must have told him to keep his trap shut ha ha!

After my buddies got up to speed, the woman's bike must have ran out of juice as she slowed and the tandem team poured it on and blew by her like she was standing still. My buddy shouted,"you should have gotten a battery that lasts longer!".

They had it on video and sent it to me. Wish I had kept it.

I don't mind ebikes but some of those people think we're racing them for some reason and many act pretty arrogant about it. C'mon, we know you have a motor, we're not stupid but if you do act silly about it, you better make sure your battery doesn't die while you're showing off!
Likes For TheDudeIsHere: