View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 12:41 PM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by niknak
I used to use a foam roller in an attempt to help my IT band. My PT recommended I use a roller from Trigger Point. It was hollow. A hollow roller could come in handy for packing because you can stuff things inside it to reduce the space it takes up.
Thanks for the thought. A hollow roller might be ideal.

I was thinking about alternative roller ideas. One is my bed roll. It consists of a Therm-A-Rest Trail Lite inflatable pad rolled up inside of a real cheap blue closed cell foam pad. That is a bit large of a diameter, however I can experiment with it and see how it works (the overlap where the material comes together on the last wrap/layer might be a problem).

Another idea I had was maybe a large piece of PVC, like 4" or 5", with some foam wrap taped around it so there is no overlap seam. Maybe even a cut up blue closed cell foam pad = thicker padding than foam wrap, even a few layers. Just a few ideas anyway.

I am not sure how wide of a roller I need. I can experiment with the one I have and see how little of it I can use then go from there on the width.