View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 07:07 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
I once built a Bianchi frame up with Campagnolo components even though the frame was a couple of inches too small. I did it so that I could more easily carry the bike up to my walkup apartment. Getting the bike to fit reasonably well included getting a longer seatpost and a taller riser stem to replace the 7-stem. I really liked that build even tough it was a fairly aggressive riding position. One thing to note is that as you increase the height of a stem the effective distance from the handlebar to the saddle shortens. Thus as you raise a stem you also need to lengthen it. there may come a point where a stem is so long in reach that you don't like the feel of the steering.

If it were me and I had that frame in hand, I'd slap a pair of wheels, seatpost stem and handlebar on it to see if the fit suits me. Then if the fit suited me I'd consider using more expensive components.

Cheers