Old 06-30-20, 02:58 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by sdimattia
I got a new bike! It's a Wabi Classic 42cm (because I'm short). It's currently set up on the freewheel; I've got too many messed up body parts to be able to comfortably ride a fixed gear.

So far, I've put about 100 miles on it, riding it everyday for the last week. The 46/17 ratio is a little spinny on flats but it keeps NYC bridges manageable. I might swap out the 17t for a 16t cog instead. It's a super smooth and nimble ride although it defitnitely doesn't feel as "solid" as my 23lb road bike. What can I say, I'm not used to riding anything under 20lbs. The frame only fits 650c wheels, I got curious and tried 700c - they don't fit.

If anybody has questions about Wabi or is vertically challenged like me and is curious about the 42cm size in particular, feel free to ask. I'm very happy with this bike and I recommend you check out Wabi Cycles if you're interested in a single speed.
Nothing wrong with Freewheeling them!

BTW i think a 46/16 is a harder spin than a 48/17, its been too long since I looked at the ratios. I rode them all starting with 48/17 then 48/16
48/16 was an absolute blast in South Miami. back in Ohio I went to a 46/16 then back to a 48/17, now I am on absoluteblack 50t to a 17 white industry freewheel.

No I never bought the Wabi, Kinda wished I did though. I sometimes (still) look at the Wabi thunder.
Likes For Metieval: