Old 01-18-19, 06:33 PM
JonBailey
Schwinn Discovery

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Lightbulb I need a fitting rear luggage solution for my Discover BSO

made by Pacific Cycle. The rear factory rack is purely an ornament and useless.

I want aftermarket rear rack and pannier system that will extend back far enough to clear my big feet on the pedals so I am not hitting the bags with my heels while pedaling.

The stock rack doesn't cut it for bags. I ordered a top bag from amazon.com when the bike was new and the bag sat close to my butt and it was uncomfortable.

I tried some cheap pannier bags from Walmart and my heels hit the damn things. The stock rack is not set back far enough on the frame so that any attached bags are clear of all parts of the riders' body and shoes.

The stock rack also does not have wheel spoke guards on the sides.

Here is my BSO with stock rack. The rack works fine for my shaving bag with tools in it and my air pump, but I dress in layers when I ride and weather can turn here in Boise, ID on a dime. I need to convenient stow my hat, coat and gloves when it gets too warm. Motorcycle riders stow their gear in saddle bags or cargo-net stuff to the rear pillion, but their feet don't hit the side bags as they have no pedals to crank.

Having to take my jacket off and roll everything up inside is a pain with the bungee cords.

Last edited by JonBailey; 01-19-19 at 01:03 PM.