Bikes: 78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
Yes.

The entire setup.

Panthers did say that it was impossible for him to get his brakes oriented properly because of the fork / wheel combination... I'd still like to see a close up of those brakes.

Any decent mechanic would look at this and say the same thing and since I am usually a helpful guy (and a damn fine mechanic), I had to point it out.

Perhaps other people will see that and take a look at their own bikes as many bikes leave the shop without being properly set up because their is a shortage of skilled bicycle mechanics out there.

This really manifests itself with entry level bikes as many shops will not spend as much time checking them over and the senior mechanics will usually be working on higher end bikes and handling more challenging repair work.

One of our members' husband has a brand new Specialized hybrid and I was looking it over the other day (because they are local) and noted the brakes were off... not because of improper setup bit because the rear wheel was not dished properly.

As always... I hope you are learning stuff here.
And he fixed my bike for me Rides like a dream and doesn't scare me to death now with its self shifting

We're still going to get to Bikeworks to get his wheel fixed too hopefully soon. He is out of town again tomorrow.