View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 07:11 PM
miker2012

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yes, i should have gotten the roubaix........ live and learn

here is the story, i would LOVE to hear your opinions as i am very unhappy with the fit of the bike and feel like i was sold a bill of goods by a store that really didnt have any interest in selling me a properly fitted bike

i bot the bike, they fitted me up by sitting me on the bike and that was it..... as i am a newb rider, i had no idea what size i needed so of course i took their word that i was a size small (30.5 cycling inseam, 5"5) i thought the 52cm frame was too big but i went with them... but clearly they were just trying to pull a fast one on me..... the bike they told me was a new leftover 2010 and gave me a very good deal on it (with 105 compnonents) for thousands less than a new 2012.... i was gonna get the allez but figured at this price, why not**********

so i took the bike home a couple weeks ago, did not get a fitting right away b/c i wanted to wait till i got my shoes and had a chance to ride the bike a little cause whats the point of a fitting if you dont know how the bike feels)... i have emailed them for a fitting tomorrow, of course i didnt hear back

i have never been able to get comfy on it.... firstly, i feel too stretched out and the bars feel too low... i have tried adjusting saddle (which is incorrect cause that effects how your legs move in relation to the bb) i have tried flipping the stem, tried many different positions of the bars

bottomline, the bike does not seem to fit... every other bike i have seen has a much higher amount of spacers and a much higher handlebar..... i even sat on a 54cm today and it felt better and the bars felt closer than my current bar... i will attach a picture of me on the bike to illustrate my point

i am not happy with it, i feel i was sold a frame too big and they are just going to "try and make it fit" rather than selling me the bike that would fit me.... i couldnt figure out why the bike felt weird until i looked at the stem

can i get some more opinions on the fork.... is it for sure been cut********** if it has, the bike is going back tomorrow and they will either get me a new stem or a new bike in 50cm

how many spacers come on a tarmac elite? can i get more confirmation that the stem has been cut? i will take a few more pics of it and post them up

please give me your opinions.... it would be one thing if this was a bike i had for a while but this is a new bike and was sold as a new bike and one of the most fundamental parts of new bike ownership is stem/spacer heigth

i will post a few more pics in a sec but please, more opinions to confirm for sure that it has already been cut so i can go back to the dealer tomorrow

thanks for all your help