Old 08-25-18, 08:04 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.

@pwebb I agree the Cannondale is a collectible track bike but not from this particular era. I would love one but they are through the roof. The new ones are cool and can be found within reason but just not the same fat tube looking.

I can't see nothing being collectible for an entire generation as some bikes were popular, so heres my .02 which Im sure you guys know. As people get older they either want what the couldn't have and now have expendable cash, or they had something and let it go and it will bring back memories.

I know for me it was actually the DC Shoe PK Ripper fixed that reminded me of my BMX days, as I am not riding a 20" bike anymore.

The big names like Cinelli and Bianchi will have a place. Schwinn only had one mentionable, a Madison remake that is pretty, but a little on the heavy side with OS cro mo tubing. Most fixed are not track light so it could be a keeper.

Also, the one crossover I really like, as in track or fixed, is the earlier (nicer) Jamis Sonik. Not a great fixed for urban only but doubles well for the track.

We're there any hot item customs? Those tend to do well looking back at other generations. Dang I wrote a book with my phone. Lol!