Old 09-28-20, 06:00 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan el Boricua
Can you just substitute the new seal/tightness ring and pin, for the yellow tightness ring, springs and old pin? I thought so because the head casting appears the same between older and newer ones, and just the innards changed.
Since the cap only helps in the tensioning of the tightness ring, I do not see how adding teflon helps with sealing ( i'd guess it would hinder it as it adds friction/resistance as to adjust the cap for further tightening). Anyhow, good luck, as it is an excellent pump!
Of course I tried this first. Depending on the valve, it kinda worked but I lost a lot of air from the threads.

My 3 year old has guaranteed that I can never quite find what I need. No roll of teflon tape but a little sliver on a hose fitting I'm not using now. I used that and it improved the seal. On one wheel, it was perfect and on the other, it was okay. The air loss is coming from around the valve now, not the threads in the head.

Unfortunately, I have to change how far it's screwed for each valve or I'd silicone it in.

My idea is to have a more functional pump on my way out in the boonies bike, which this fits perfectly in.