Old 12-01-20, 05:48 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
I’m always leery of the first posts that typically are so far out there that one really has to step back and marvel at the creativity level. I think this one probably surpasses most of the others.

I don’t think really believe these NOS Bridgestones exist.

But to play along, why ask here? Contact Grant Petersen. If anyone knows about Bridgestone shipping bikes in “unmarked” boxes, he’s the one.

Grant Petersen built an entire company and image that evolved from what he did at Bridgestone. And you’re telling me a Bridgestone dealer stuck these into storage 25 years ago and was oblivious about Rivendell for all these years?

John
OP said he's in Japan, the boxes look recent, rather than from the the US operation during the GP period, and instead of being entirely unmarked, "there is a sticker on the box with a lot no. and 2 codes like 1B43Kb and MHM370.P."

Bridgestone, in Japan, is a fairly middle of the road brand with a bunch of road bikes and MTBs. I'd say OP will end up with some 5-10 year old entry-mid level hardtail mountain bikes, rather than a stash of NOS XO-1s still in their original boxes.