View Single Post
Old 04-12-13, 04:10 PM
Niles H.
eternalvoyage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been working with projects and inventions involving gasoline and explosives since childhood, and have learned the ropes of staying safe. But I don't recommend that inexperienced persons try making these kinds of experiments.

There, that's out of the way.

Update: The Vargo Triad has arrived.

She's a beauty.

I love titanium.

The ideal pressure range for the Whisperlite is 15-25 psi. (Since the fuel is no longer a liquid dowstream from the heated generator tube, atomization isn't even a possibility, much less an issue.)

This is looking really good. The Whisperlite also functions more efficiently when not at maximum power, and is able to simmer when the pressure is kept low. All this lines up very well.

Connections need to be extra secure. This is an area of failure in some of the commercial stoves. (I just read about separation issues with some of the commercial models.)

There is a lulling illusion that the commercial stoves are more or less perfect; but you can at least carefully inspect your parachute, if not learn to pack it very caringly and safely yourself. Extra security at potential failure points can be a very good thing. Commercial stoves should be understood and inspected regularly, and o-rings should be kept fresh and sound.