View Single Post
Old 03-17-19, 10:59 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
About the only reason that I see for petrol powered bikes is to have extended range. I gave it some serious consideration before building my touring trike using solar panels. Going petrol is cheaper; but it introduces factors, such as noise, that I didn't want to deal with.

As was mentioned above, in many states a petrol kit requires a vehicle license, and all that goes with that.

I really think about steam a lot, I am just too worried about leaks and accidents. Steam power can be extremely dangerous. Frankly, in comparison to steam, petrol is quite safe.

The only way I can see going steam is to put it on a trailer. I know I keep returning to this point, but steam is just too dangerous.

As it stands, my fun bike is a conventional pushbike, my commuter is an e-bike. I am considering rebuilding my solar trike for more summer touring. Petrol, and as much as I hate to dismiss steam, isn't in any plan.