View Single Post
Old 07-17-19, 03:32 PM
ProudDaddy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
The crit was interesting in that being a kinda end-of-season/local one there were about half a dozen of out-of-state riders, a WT pro riding in a T-shirt, and "Hollywood" fresh off track nats. I met a BF poster.

Junior went out hard trying to create some breaks and thought being that a few know him now some might go with him. They did, but only lasted a few laps. He had a huge overheating issue and dropped to back for most the rest of the race. A Norcal rider who got 2nd was allowed to drive it off the front with some different partners. They eventually got caught. With 5 laps to go a the prime was used to launch another attack - same NotCal guy won it and kept going with everyone looking at each other the next 2-3 laps. Just before the end Hollywood goes and junior jumps on. I don't know what happened on the back side, junior just said no one was there. Our two leaders got 1 and 2 and junior came in for 3rd.
That was Lachlan Morton in the T-shirt, on his gravel bike. Hilarious. Solid racing from your son. Mike's Bikes kid rides collegiately for CU, and he was a beast in that race with his relentless attacking. But biggest kudos has to go to my teammate for getting the W.

This crit was the CO masters championship so personally I did 2 of those. The long back straight proved decisive as I was overtaken and lost my position just before the last corner and finished 4th in first race. I was stupid. Wanted that jersey. Second race cramps got the better of me so I was only good for a participation award.
Likes For ProudDaddy: