Old 08-12-19, 04:38 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3146 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 116 Posts
How Pure Is Your Tap Water?

I've suspected mine wasn't too good ever since they replaced the 88 year old lead pipes leading to my building. Anyway, I bought a new Zerowater pitcher with the water tester and my cold tap measured 130 before filtration and 000 ppm after.

According to the requirement the filter should be I've suspected mine wasn't too good ever since they replaced the 88 year old pipes leading to my building. Anyway, I bought a new Zerowater pitcher with the water tester and my cold tap measured 130 before filtration and 000 ppm after. According to the requirement the filter should be replaced once the meter measure 006ppm.

In any event, I had been buying bottled water before but figured I'd just go ahead and filter it myself. Unfortunately, its not really much cheaper than bottled water according to my rough estimates. The supermarket filtered water is 99 cents/gal., and the Zerowater is approx. 78 cents/gal. -- adding in the cost of the filters which are very high.

Of course gauging price can vary depending on if you buy the filter by the bundle and how contaminated your tap water is. If its really dirty, you could be spending a fortune on replacement filters.

In case you're interested, the taste of the water after filtration was magnificent and only gets better when its cold. Such a strange phrase "water tasting good" since pure water has no taste. But there is a clean palatable feeling on the tongue that you will clearly notice.

The filter measure total dissolved solid, but can't distinguish what those solid are (lead or beneficial minerals)replaced once the meter measure 0006ppm.

Last edited by KraneXL; 08-12-19 at 08:43 PM.