Old 08-22-19, 01:34 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
For me, Fartlek, which I believe means "speed play" or something in some Scandinavian language, was just a run at some baseline pace with sprints intermixed. Hope you didn't have to do yours in ODUs or equivalent and boots. That would be enough to turn anyone off.
Yeah you're probably right. But we also did the "guy at the back runs to the front" thing too. It was 20 years ago so the details are a little fuzzy.

We never did PT in our BDUs (I'm not sure what they call them now but I also don't care because army acronyms are dumb) but I remember an incident at AIT where we shared a facility with some USMC units and we were out doing PT one morning and a bunch of marines ran by in full uniform.

I watched them, partly out of disbelief because running in combat boots seemed kind of pointless to me, and for whatever reason the fact that I was staring at them was offensive to my drill sergeant who came over and yelled at me a bunch and made me do a bunch more pushups or something because I had committed the grave offense of watching the marines run by.

Making me do extra pushups when we were already in the middle of working out also seemed dumb to me.

In fact, most things about the army seemed dumb me then. And now. But somehow they promoted me to staff sergeant before I got out.
Likes For ksryder: