Old 08-24-06, 09:15 PM
MatL

Bikes: none yet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
judson

I bet that whole set up was $2K originally. Looks like I will be stopping by to get myself the proper frame size over the next week or so... then if I stumble on a deal that good, I can take action.

I give you credit for hitting the treadmills in the hotels. Most travellers won't even do that. If the company will spring for a hotel with a pool, try to start sneaking in some swimming- even if it's just 10 minutes of slow stuff before bed. A 12 - 16 hour day on the road would have wiped me out -- I don't know if I could do 30 min on the treadmill after that. I hope someone else on the board may have some good ideas for you.

I was outside Chicago this summer visiting family and I realized that when on vacation or travelling for work I don't watch my diet at all. I figured I was on vacation (or the company was paying for a few good dinners) I should enjoy myself. After enjoying the local quisine for a couple of days I started feeling 'the backward slide'.... and had to find a place to work out ASAP. I was able to use the communtiy pool to swim laps and a hotel let me use their treadmill on a weekend. Even so -- it always seems harder for me to make good food choices when I am away from home. Plus I was raised a member of the 'clean plate club' --- so I need to learn/reinforce that it is OK to leave some food on the plate. (yeah right -- )

Good luck and I hope someone has some ideas on how to fit training into a day that is 1/2 to 2/3 filled with work already.

Mat