Old 04-01-15, 10:56 AM
AlexGS1

Bikes: Surly Cross Check 1x9 with Jones H Bar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leukybear
Did they reimburse you for the difference in price in some shape or form? Usually, companies would give you a model up if there's no existing replacements, not down.
They did not. Probably should have. But, I bought the 725 as part of a black friday sale that included a bunch of components (some completely fine, some (the saddle) unusable). It is possible that I've still come out a little bit behind, but, getting a usable frame at a minimum of fuss became a priority. I can't lie: Overall the experience was frustrating ( had to initially settle for a blemished 725 as the color I ordered was out of stock, cranks backordered, 725 cracked-took a bit of convincing them that sending a duplicate would just end up in a duplicate problem, etc). But, I do genuinely like the frame I ended up with. It was less of a problem for me, because this year's Boston winter necessitated the use of a beater, but, if I lived in a better climate and was relying on the Leader year-round, I'd have been much more annoyed.

Should also add, that switching out the frame was my idea for a workaround, so, its not like they were trying to pull anything.

Last edited by AlexGS1; 04-01-15 at 11:04 AM.