View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 11:32 AM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
2 weeknight races this week:

Tuesday PIR, Cat 123 field, 6th of about 60, 17 laps of 1.9mi each around a flat auto raceway. Points race with 3 hotspots w/points for top 3 and points for top 10 at the finish. I jumped hard 1/2 a lap before a hotspot with one other rider and we stayed ahead of the field, he beat me but I got 2nd on that hotspot. In the field sprint I took 7th place for 6th with my hotspot points (I think). Other than the hotspot and finishing efforts, I hung in the pack and conserved energy. This is my best placing in this race in a few years.

Wednesday Mt. Tabor 50+ age group. We had a very small field this week with only 9 riders due to forecasts of rain and possible lightning (later races in the evening were cancelled). It was a pretty uneventful race with a few attacks that I made sure didn't get away from me and I managed 2nd in the uphill finishing sprint. That puts me in 1st for the series which has 2 more races. It will be fun (and different) to be the marked rider to beat in the last two races - maybe I'll be able to get some teammates out to work for me.
Likes For cmh: