Old 09-24-19, 06:58 AM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Does anyone ever deal with random days with like 20 times as much traffic as usual?

I purposely map out a route that takes me behind strip malls and stores, through parking lots before stores open, and assorted back roads that have the least amount of car traffic.

I probably have to watch out for 5 cars a day on this route. Mostly cars from a distance away that I just need to keep an eye on. Overall a very safe route.

Today though....good lord....there must have been 100 cars in these various usually empty places. Driving through parking lots at 5-mph like crazy, running stop signs, there were 2 construction situations that caused a build up of moving equipment where there normally would be nothing, and every single intersection had a car that barely stopped and made me nervous.

It was just one of those random rides that had huge amounts of traffic for no apparent reason. And it made the ride into work absolutely no fun at all.

Now watch, the evening ride home which normally has more traffic will be like riding through a ghost town for some unknown reason.