Old 05-29-20, 11:21 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by trekmogul
I have the original Canon 5D that I bought from BESTBUY and that was the camera that got me into a DSLR for the very first time.. I still have some of my Canon Equipment like this Canon 1DMK2N with the Canon 400MM F/4DO ...
I had the original 5D. I used it in the rain more times than I can count, and got confident in its toughness. One summer day without a cloud in the sky I took it on a waterfall hike, a storm blew in, the trail turned into a river, and the camera never worked again. Replaced it with one of the 1.3x 1D bodies because I got a deal, but it wasn't right for me. I had the original D60 before it, second affordable SLR Canon made.

I've always preferred fast primes. Read a bunch of reviews of the 400/4 DO. Never really sure what I thought about that one. Some reviews complained about softness and aberration, it looked like "the dreamy effect" you get from a 50/1.4 wide open. Which can be a good thing, or not, depending how you use it and what you're after. Went with a 300/4 IS instead. How do you like the DO?

Lenses you should have are the 85/1.2, 200/1.8, and 300/2.8. They're among the best lenses ever made for any system, but also very expensive.