Old 03-15-18, 07:20 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by WGB
Wrenchspinnerjr I believe I met your opposite yesterday.

He had a Trek "ready to ride" for $100. When I got there it was missing the front tire and tube. Then I saw there was mud on it and the RD was bent in as was the right rear dropout. On his own he offered it had been fished out of the Welland Canal! Then I saw the front QR was so rusted it was seized to the forks. As politely as I could I told him I didn't want to insult him but maybe the brakes might be salvageable and that was it. I said it was a $25 bike. He became very angry and said he was insulted and now he wanted $150. I said I wasn't there to hurt his feelings but the bike was never going to be ridden again. He swore and said I was wasting his time which was valuable and I simply said sorry and walked away listening to him shout I owed him money for his time. It seems not everyone shares your concern for what they sell. I agree with you and I couldn't sleep either if I tried to sell an unsafe orjunk bike just for a buck from a sucker.
The simple bastard might have wound up in the river where he found that bike.
I never buy bikes the way you guys do. No going to see it. Better be in front of me priced. I only buy in the wild!