Old 01-13-19, 05:54 AM
Alan_F

Bikes: DaVinci Joint Venture Ti S&S, DaVinci Symbiosis 27.5", Trek Emonda SLR 7, Motobecane Century Ti ETap AXS, Motobecane Fantom Ti hardtail, Diamondback Haanjo Carbon, Motobecane Fantom 4x4 29'er, SE F@R fatbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
To the OP, I switched our former road tandem from BB-7 to Hy/Rd a short while before upgrading the whole bike to one with Di2 full hydraulic, so I have experience with a number of options. If you can fit the Hy/Rd without issues (I had to switch the rear rotor from 203mm to 200mm to make it fit... yes it was that close) I highly recommend them. The BB-7's weren't bad, but the Hy/Rds were noticably better.

Don't underestimate the importance of the self adjusting feature. BB-7s are at their optimal adjustment until the first time you use the brakes. I've had to adjust the pads mid-ride on routes with multiple long descents.

I modified both Hy/Rd lever arms to make them work better with the Campy levers on that bike which have a slightly shorter pull than some others.

The Shimano full hydraulic have eveneven be feel than the Hy-Rd, but I've found them to be noisier (Ice Text rotors vs Avid rotors, stock pads on both). I was very impressed by the Hy/Rds.
​​​​​​