Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If we don't know his comparative speed, all of your timing speculations are completely worthless. And frankly, you and I have no idea how long that maneuver would take. I had someone manage to turn their bike 90 degrees and hop off the saddle right in front of me with no warning whatsoever, and I was going no more than 15 mph. I definitely had to swerve. I didn't have a timer and can't consult the replay as there isn't one, but it couldn't have taken much more than a second. Certainly less than two.
You are ignoring an obvious aspect here.

Even IF the end of the conversation, his stopping, and turning his bike was the longest point from her distance detail...the speed is 22ft per second.
Speaking for myself, and yes this is speculative, but I would not have said anything until within about that distance. (I also would have been slowing already, but that's another argument to make) Otherwise you are looking at "yelling" across some great distance, outside, in a noisy area, that the person you are attempting communication with couldn't hear anyway.
She claims herself she never hit the brakes.
There is simply no way things could have transpired exactly the way they are told from her side of the story if you do not account for an unsafe closing speed and lack of caution on her part. Slice it any way you want. Unless this man is "The Flash" he didn't stop, dismount, and turn his scooter, stance that way in a half second.

Anywho, my whole point in this conversation with her WAS to be argumentative and to question the narrative. I didn't buy it, I don't buy it, and really hope that the fellow comes forward with his own story and or a video is produced. The lady even said there were other cyclists present at the time. It's how her speed was calculated on the report, due to a reading from the people riding near/behind her, that didn't crash by the way....
I would point out that even aside from the questionable details about speed and distance, her story changed along the way from this being her and the police to a day later discussing how her lawyer, such and such. In my own dealings with a lawyer and a liability issue such as this the very first thing I was told was not to post details online and specifically not to social media. In the course of our conversation I brought that up, asked her how "her lawyer" felt about the post, locking in her story on a public site, causing issue with a possible case, etc. and the post(s) magically all were deleted.

I will finish to say that I am not of the mind that she is just outright lying, but to anyone looking there are some serious questions to be asked. Of all the newsworthy events that happen in a town of this size, I wonder why the outlet saw this particular article worthy of posting? I suspect the demographic among other things. I hope to see more details come out, but as a poster above mentioned, it's pretty doubtful.
Likes For Juan Foote: